Our Kitchen Remodel Details!
I'm so excited to reveal our kitchen!
We got the keys to our new house on May 6 and we got started right away demolishing the kitchen/dining/living room. For right now I want to focus on the kitchen and show you what we did.
We started by taking out all the cabinets and the flooring. Then I drew up a new floor plan for the kitchen cabinets. I kept the range and the sink in the same spots but I knew I didn't want the refrigerator right next to the range anymore. It also seemed really silly to have the dishwasher open right in front of the range so I moved that to the other side of the sink.
Here's the before picture:
Here's a video of the "after" so you can see the new layout:
As you can see, I moved the refrigerator to a different wall, got rid of the peninsula, and moved the dishwasher to the right of the sink. We also removed the bulk heads so the new cabinets could go all the way to the ceiling. This opened up the kitchen quite a bit and made it feel a lot larger. I also got much more cabinet storage by getting rid of a corner cabinet. Also did you notice there was no microwave in this kitchen? We added that next to the refrigerator as well.
We reused the dishwasher that was already in the kitchen because it was in pretty good shape. We bought a new range, refrigerator and microwave from Nawara Brothers and they're all GE appliances.
We were left with an awkward space to the right of our microwave cabinet so instead of adding a small upper cabinet, I added shelves. These are my husband's favorite shelves because he likes to display his rum and whiskey collection. Must be a guy thing.:)
Here's the source list of what went into our kitchen:
- Cabinets - custom made by TruBuilt Builders
- Paint color - Sherwin Williams Retreat for the lower cabinets, Benjamin Moore Light Pewter for the upper cabinets and Sherwin Williams Snowbound for the walls
- Cabinet Hardware - Liberty Artesia pulls, the finish on the knobs are already rubbing off so I'm not going to share those since I'll probably replace them soon.
- Countertop - Ceasarstone, Symphony Grey
- Flooring - Coretec LVP, color: Manila Oak
- Shelves - custom made out of Hickory and stained with a gray wash stain
- Sink - Kohler Riverby undermount single sink in the color White
- Faucet - Kohler Artifacts, finish: Polished Nickel
We haven't tackled the kitchen backsplash yet but I'll be sure to update you on what we pick!